Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Blue Jackets vs. the Playoff teams

As a fan of the CBJ, I wondered how the team fared in the regular season against the teams that ended up in the playoffs. Throughout the regular season, the team seemed to play well against the better teams in the league (save for Nashville...), yet poorly against similar teams. I knew off the top of my head that, against the teams in the Stanley Cup Finals, the Jackets were 3-2, beating Ottawa in their lone meeting & splitting the 4 game series with Anaheim.

Here's what I came up with:
Against Record
ANA 2-2, with a near comeback in the last game in the series.
BUF 1 game, W
CAL 2-2
DAL 3-1
DET 3-5
MIN 2-1-1
NJD 1 game, L
NSH 0-7-1
NYI 1 game, L
NYR 1 game, W
OTT 1 game, W
PIT 1 game, L
SJS 1-3
VAN 2-1-1
(No games against ATL or TBL)

Overall- 18-25-3.

Not the greatest record, but decent, seeing as the team didn't even get over .500 overall. More wins than people may have expected out of the Jackets against the teams that made it past the start of April, anyway. I'm anxious for this season, as I think they can do better.

No comments: